Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] Database for docbook components (i.e. section, para, etc) questions

> Developing the stylesheet was not trivial, but it produces
> solid Word documents that require no fix-up. We are, however,
> just getting started with this type of conversion.

I wrote about using the DocBook > HTML > Word technique.  One of the
limitations of that route is that the paragraphs in Word are not tagged
with paragraph styles.  The content is formatted perfectly because Word
imports the CSS that is applied to the HTML, however it's all done by
Word with formatting overrides of "normal" or some other stock paragraph
style.

Does your solution solve this problem?  Do the resulting Word documents
use paragraph styles consistently?

For example, using my technique the contents of a DocBook <entry>
element in a table heading row are mapped to an HTML <th> element.  Word
picks this up and applies any CSS I specify but tags the content of the
heading row with "Normal + Arial, Bold, Centered."  If I were setting up
a Word template, I'd create a paragraph style "TableHeading" and use it
here.  I wish I could convince Word to tag content with paragraph styles
based on something useful.  The class names that reflect the original
DocBook elements would be nice.

Peter Desjardins