Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Re: formatting in <title> is lost

When I test it, I get the xref in the title to resolve properly.  The
keycap, on the other hand, outputs only a <span> with no class attribute.
That's a bug, as there is no way for CSS to know how to style it.

DocBook Consulting

From: "Mads Ipsen" <mpi@osc.kiku.dk>
To: "Norman Walsh" <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Cc: <docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 20, 2007 11:58 PM

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007, Norman Walsh wrote:

> / Mads Ipsen <mpi@osc.kiku.dk> was heard to say:
> | If I do something like:
> |
> |     <figure id=3D"fig.mbmain.water">
> |       <title>
> |         Water molecule constructed with Molecular Builder. The
> |         molecule was obtained simply by hovering the mouse over
> |         the carbon atom in the &methane; molecule shown in
> |         <xref linkend=3D"fig.mbmain.methane="/> and pressing the
> |         <keycap>O</keycap> key.
> |       </title>
> |     </figure>
> |
> | then the xref link and the keycap formatting is lost in the figure
> title
> | generated by the html.xsl style sheets. Within the ordinary text body,
> | these structures off course come out fine.
> |
> | Any (simple) solutions?
>
> It works for me:
>
>   Figure 1. Water molecule constructed with Molecular Builder. The
>   molecule was obtained simply by hovering the mouse over the carbon
>   atom in the methane molecule shown in Figure 2, "Methane molecule
>   constructed with Molecular Builder." and pressing the O key.
>
> What processor, version, etc. are you using?

> --
> Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | Few men are so sufficiently
> http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | discerning to appreciate all the
> Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | evil that they do.--La
>                                    | Rochefoucauld

Hey,

Here are some specifics:

xsltproc --version
===================
Using libxml 20626, libxslt 10117 and libexslt 813
xsltproc was compiled against libxml 20626, libxslt 10117 and libexslt 813
libxslt 10117 was compiled against libxml 20626
libexslt 813 was compiled against libxml 20626

HTML XSL style sheets:
======================
1.72.0

DTD:
======
DocBook XML DTD V4.5

Best,

Mads

| Mads Ipsen                      |                         |
| Dept. of Chemistry              | phone:     +45-35320220 |
| H.C.Ørsted Institute            | fax:       +45-35320322 |
| Universitetsparken 5            |                         |
| DK-2100 Copenhagen Ø, Denmark   | mpi@osc.kiku.dk         |