Subject: MathML and <fo:instream-foreign-object>

Hey,

In order to get MathML rendered with Antenna House's XSLFormatter, you
need to wrap all MathML blocks inside a <fo:instream-foreign-object>
element. If I (very naively) do

  <xsl:template match="mml:*" xmlns:mml="http://www.w3.org/1998/Math/MathML";>
    <fo:instream-foreign-object>
      <xsl:copy>
	<xsl:copy-of select="@*"/>
	<xsl:apply-templates/>
      </xsl:copy>
    </fo:instream-foreign-object>
  </xsl:template>

I get something like this in the FO file

 <fo:instream-foreign-object xmlns:mml="http://www.w3.org/1998/Math/M
athML"><fo:instream-foreign-object><mml:math overflow="scroll">
<fo:instream-foreign-object><mml:mrow>
  <fo:instream-foreign-object><mml:msup>

etc. All I wanted was to have the outer most MathML wrapped in the
<fo:instream-foreign-object> element. This naturely puts my inane
XSL capabilities on display, but I would still be very happy if somebody
could point me at a solution.

Cuurently, I use a sed command for solving the issue, but would prefer
somthing that could go inside my cust. layer.

All the best (and happy Easter),

Mads

| Mads Ipsen                      |                         |
| Dept. of Chemistry              | phone:     +45-35320220 |
| H.C.Ørsted Institute            | fax:       +45-35320322 |
| Universitetsparken 5            |                         |
| DK-2100 Copenhagen Ø, Denmark   | mpi@osc.kiku.dk         |