Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] MathML and <fo:instream-foreign-object>

On 3/30/07, Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz> wrote:
> Chris Chiasson wrote:
>
> > Does this work with the current stylesheets,
>
> Yes, but at this time you have to download snapshot release.
>
> > or is it still looking
> > for elements with the mml: (or svg: ) prefix? I think the reason the
> > old stylesheets needed the prefixes was that they did not use
> > namespaces. Is that true?
>
> No, stylesheet can use completely different prefixes then instance.
> Matching is done on namespace name (URI). I'm probably misunderstanding
> your problem here.

In html/math.xsl, there were some lines like this:

<!-- "Support" for MathML -->

<xsl:template match="mml:*" xmlns:mml="http://www.w3.org/1998/Math/MathML";>
  <xsl:copy>
    <xsl:copy-of select="@*"/>
    <xsl:apply-templates/>
  </xsl:copy>
</xsl:template>

As far as I know, this means that MathML was only passed through if it
had an mml: prefix. I assume this was done because of the
non-namespaced template matching. So, is that a correct assessment? Is
the requirement for the prefix still present?

--
http://chris.chiasson.name/