Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] MathML and <fo:instream-foreign-object>

On 3/30/07, Bob Stayton <bobs@sagehill.net> wrote:
> Hi Chris,
> No, that is not the correct assessment.  8^)

Heh, my apologies :]

> The prefix string does not matter, all that matters in the stylesheet is
> that there is a prefix in the match attribute, and it is assigned to the
> mathml namespace name http://www.w3.org/1998/Math/MathML using the xmlns
> attribute.  That assignment can be done on the root element of the
> stylesheet so the namespace scope is the entire stylesheet, or in the
> individual stylesheet elements as is done here.
>
> Your document can use a different prefix, or use the default namespace, as
> long as the namespace name is assigned.  The above template will match on
> all of these  elements in your document:
>
> <m:mml xmlns:m="http://www.w3.org/1998/Math/MathML";>
>
> <math:mml xmlns:math="http://www.w3.org/1998/Math/MathML";>
>
> <bob:mml xmlns:bob="http://www.w3.org/1998/Math/MathML";>
>
> <mml xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1998/Math/MathML";>

(that last example is the one most like what I am looking to match)

Would the old docbook stylesheets template (the one that did the
namespace stripping) match on this example? What about the new version
that keeps the namespaces? I assume that the new version is able to
match because it can use the namespace instead of just the prefix (so
it doesn't require a prefix).

Example XML:

<math xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1998/Math/MathML";>
<some math ml elements in here/>
</math>

Sorry for so many questions. If I have more I'll resolve them via
experimentation instead of filling up the mailing list :-]

--
http://chris.chiasson.name/