Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] structured paragraphs, paragraphs with indentedsub paragraphs

Marshall Schor wrote:

> I've tried using <longquote> - that's OK but it also indents the right
> margin - I only want the left margin indented.

DocBook doesn't dictate formatting.  The DocBook project happens to
distribute some XSL files that can be used to get a formatted output,
but there's no reason you're forced to use them, or take them as-is.  If
you want a different look, customize the standard style sheets, or make
your own.

At this point, maybe you want to ask how you would do that
customization.  But I wouldn't presume to ask questions on your behalf.