Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Glossary sorting in Japanese

Akagi K wrote:

> I'm looking for advice on how to sort Japanese words using the ja.xml file.
> Is it possible to set a glossary term and hide it from view but still be
> picked up for sorting?
> Then it may be possible to set the glossterm in hiragana or katakana
> invisibly when the actual term uses kanji.

You can use baseform attribute on glossterm for this purpose. The
problem is that stylesheets currently ignore this attribute. Please
submit new RFE at Sourceforge site.

Moreover it would be better to provide another attribute called sortas
to provide different form of term for sorting purposes. I will add RFE
for adding this attribute to DocBook V5.

 OASIS DocBook TC member, W3C Invited Expert, ISO/JTC1/SC34 member
 Want to speak at XML Prague 2007 => http://xmlprague.cz/cfp.html

OpenPGP digital signature