Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] DocBook and OpenOffice

Hi Colin,

I'm currently working on the DocBook round-tripping system.  The aim
is to allow exactly what you are looking for: use a word processor as
a front-end editor for DocBook.  It has stylesheets to convert from
DocBook to a word processing format, and another set of stylesheets
that convert from word processing format back into DocBook without
loss of information.

At the moment MS Word 2003 and Apple Pages are supported.  I'm
working on adding OpenOffice support, and basic paragraph-based
styles work but there is still more work to do on tables and images.
The stylesheets haven't been checked-in to SVN yet because they're
not quite finished, but if you would like a sneak-peek then let me know.

Cheers,
Steve Ball