Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Image Scaling

You should use width="5.25in" to set the viewport area reserved for the graphic, and then scale="50" will make it half that size.  The contentwidth attribute specifies the size of the output image.  In your example, the contentwidth attribute is overriding the scale attribute.  See the second-to-last bullet item in this section:

http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/ImageSizing.html

DocBook Consulting

Sent: Thursday, April 26, 2007 10:39 AM
Subject: [docbook-apps] Image Scaling

Hello I am trying to scale an image to "50%" of a "5.25in" page margin. Below is the code.

<figure>
<title>Video Logix</title>
<graphic fileref="images/04_VideoLogix.png" scale="50" contentwidth="5.25in"/>
</figure>

The problem is that the image is not scalling at all it's only rendering to the full 5.25in defined in contentwidth. Am I doing something wrong? I even use <imagedata/> instead of <graphic/> and that still didn't work. What am I doing wrong.

Please help.

Thanks.

XML Environment
- Docbook XML 4.4