Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Images in PDF appear too large

There is actually another layer of subtlety to the 96 dpi setting. If
you are running MS Windows, it is likely that Windows is assuming that
your monitor+resolution combination actually gives 96 dpi.

ie, 1280x1024 at 96 dpi means Windows is assuming your monitor is
(1280/96=13.33) inches by (1024/96=10.66) inches in active display
area (with a sqrt(13.33^2+10.66^2)=17.08 diagonal measurement)

If this assumption isn't correct, everything that is displayed on your
screen is probably the wrong size.

I wrote a tutorial on correcting this for another mailing list if you want it.