Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Images in PDF appear too large

On 4/27/07, T.G. Mutato <throw6617@gmail.com> wrote:
I think the bottom line here is that specifying pixel dimensions (if
you want to display an image "as-is") isn't too useful with FOP since
there's no way to way to tell FOP to ignore the dpi info. So far just
setting the dpi to 96 in the image files themselves seems to be the
only way to get them to display properly.

Have you tried changing the source-resolution and target-resolution values in the FOP config file?

<!-- Source resolution in dpi (dots/pixels per inch) for determining the size of pixels in SVG and bitmap images, default: 72dpi -->
<source-resolution>72</source-resolution>
<!-- Target resolution in dpi (dots/pixels per inch) for specifying the target resolution for generated bitmaps, default: 72dpi -->
<target-resolution>72</target-resolution>

Not sure if this actually makes a difference here, but I've never changes these settings, so I'm just curious.

Colin