Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Image Scaling

I am using RenderX XEP 4.9. I am really confused about intrinsic size, contentwidth vs width, and all. I read through the graphics sizing notes according to the XSL documentation. But i don't get it. Maybe it's an issue with the processor. For now I think i won't use scaling. I'll just use contentwidth="5.25in" or whatever size I want. And then, i'll use another <imageobject> for scaling html.

On Mon, 2007-04-30 at 09:04 -0700, Bob Stayton wrote:

Oops, sorry, scale applies to the intrinsic image size, not the viewport size.  I don't know of a way to specify the viewport with dimensions and the image as percent within the viewport.

The default value of the ignore.image.scaling attribute is zero, so scaling factors are not ignored by default.

The results may depend on your XSL-FO processor.  What processor are you using?

DocBook Consulting

From: Mykone Saunders
To: Bob Stayton
Cc: docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org
Sent: Monday, April 30, 2007 7:14 AM

Hi again bob.  <graphic width="5.25" scale="50"> didn't work. Is the default value of ignore scaling true? doesn't matter what I do the scale="x" factor doesn't work. Below is my syntax. And it doesn't matter if use graphic or imagedata.

<figure>
<title>Video Logix</title>
<graphic fileref="images/04_VideoLogix.png" scale="75" width="5.25in"/>
</figure>