Subject: Re: <oXygen/> XML editor very slow with DocBook 5.0

Almost forgot... I'm running the latest version of Oxygen (8.1).

Colin

On 5/3/07, Colin Shapiro <cmshapiro@gmail.com > wrote:
Hi,

Maybe someone can give me a clue here.  I use the <oXygen/> XML editor, and I recently started working with DocBook 5.0.  The software is *very* slow when working with db5 files.

I installed a local copy of the 5.0CR3 schema, and made an entry at the top of Oxygen's "Default Schema Associations" list which points to the local copy of the RNG schema.  I verified that it is using the local copy by unplugging my network cable.  I tried turning off all content completion features.  Nothing seems to work.

Oxygen does run fine with everything else. I have a number of custom RELAX NG schemas which I use (which aren't nearly as complex as DocBook), and my other XML documents validate quickly.  It's not as fast as vi, but it runs reasonably well for a big Java app.

Also, I'm using the Sun JRE 6 on Windows.  Eats RAM like a beast, but I have a decent amount (1 GB).

Any ideas?

Colin