Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Re: *** GMX Spamverdacht *** [docbook-apps] ToRene Hache, Larry Garfield, Bob Stayton, Jirka Kosek - About a former XHTMLaccessiblity project

M.Canales.es wrote:
El Lunes, 14 de Mayo de 2007 15:42, Nicolas RAINARD escribió:

What is the current step of this project? Is it still undergoing or as
it been abandoned? For many reasons, I am very interested in getting
semantical, CSS styled XHTML output.
Thanks.

In LFS we have a CSS styled based customization that generates
XHTML-1.0-Strict code. It tries also to be semantically correct (navigational
links uses ul instead of table, for example) and to clean-up the XHTML code.

You can see the XSL and CSS costomization code based on current
docbook-xsl-snapshot here:

http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/browser/branches/new-xsl

All customized templates are commented listing that changes made are were can
be found the upstream DocBook template (that are included also in the
docbook-xsl-snapshot/ subdirectory until have the next stable DocBook-XSL
version available).

An example of the output can be found here:

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~manuel/new-xsl/

Thank you for telling me about your project, this is pretty much what I was looking for. The XHTML output is much cleaner to me (except, maybe, the semantically ordered lists which are rendered as <ul> with hard-coded numbers). You definitively should make your work more public.

Thanks again.