Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Using Japanese in FOP

I've done it with XSL Formatter from Antenna House, three years ago. Back then, FOP was too immature, so XSL Formatter was the only viable choice. Antenna House is a Japanese company, so Japanese handling is not a problem with XSL Formatter.

Taro

"Eckel, George" <geckel@amazon.com>

05/16/2007 12:56 AM

<docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org>
cc
Subject
[docbook-apps] Using Japanese in FOP

I have a docbook book that has been translated into Japanese. FOP will not produce a PDF. Seems like encoding="Shift_JIS" would do the trick but no. I've fiddled with a lot of other changes without success.

Has anyone made docbook files in Japanese go through FOP? If so, can you please send me either an example file or the steps you took to make FOP work with the JP character set?

Thanks,

George..
Amazon, Inc.

ForwardSourceID:NT00076042

NOTICE from Ab Initio: If received in error, please destroy and notify sender, and make no further use, disclosure, or distribution. This email (including attachments) may contain information subject to confidentiality obligations, and sender does not waive confidentiality or privilege.