Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] profiling=hiding?

1. I'm assigning condition="pdf" to elements I want to appear in the
PDF.

2. I've got an ant script that does two-pass processing, first
processing the incoming XML with profile.xsl and then processing that
output with my customized stylesheet. The part that processes the
incoming XML includes this line to specify the profiling condition:
<arg value="profile.condition='pdf'"/>.

Below is the original XML corresponding to the attached PDF files
showing the results.

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<!DOCTYPE chapter PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.4//EN"

"http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.4/docbookx.dtd"; []>

<chapter id="Introduction" role="topic">
	<title id="Introduction.title">Introduction</title>
	<para condition="pdf">This para has condition="pdf" assigned to
it.</para>
	<para>This para has no condition attribute at all.</para>

		<section condition="pdf">
			<title>Section 1</title>
			<para>This section has condition="pdf" assigned
to it.</para>
		</section>

		<section>
			<title>Section 2</title>
			<para>This section has no condition attribute at
all.</para>
		</section>
</chapter>

If I turn off profiling, I get the results in no_profiling.pdf as
expected.

When I turn on profiling, everything tagged with condition="pdf"
disappears, as shown in with_profiling.pdf.

When I change the arg statment in the ant script to say:
<arg value="profile.condition='blah'"/>
I get the exact same results as in with_profiling.pdf.
So, it doesn't seem to matter what value I use for profile.condition.
Anything with a condition attribute disappears.

This seems backwards. What am I missing here?

thanks!!
cheri