Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] refentry or section

Sorry, I meant to say, the analog of a section is a refsection.

Also, I think a reference can be a good choice for an API, for the
reason that you guessed: it's designed to give you a regular structure
that makes information easy to up. I think that's what most people do
with API docs. Non-reference components (chapters, articles), are less
restrictive, more suitable (I would argue) for more narrative or
variable content.