Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] svg, pdf, png, and jpg callouts 1-99

Correct. I had a square that I had used to align the number in the
original image I'd worked up in Illustrator. It had opacity="0", which
Batik observes but XEP doesn't, so in XEP that translucent square wasn't
translucent. I just removed it since it was cruft anyway.

The takeaway is that if you make something translucent in Illustrator
and use the svg in an XEP-rendered pdf, the translucent elements won't
be translucent in the pdf, tho the'll look fine in the rasterized
versions of the image. I think I'd run across that before and forgot
about it.

David