Subject: retrieve-class-name only fetching the chapter's first section name

Hi all -

I'd like for the current section name to appear in the header.content,
so I've left this part of pagesetup.xsl unchanged:

<fo:retrieve-marker retrieve-class-name="section.head.marker"
retrieve-position="first-including-carryover"
retrieve-boundary="page-sequence"/>

But oddly, only the name of the first sect1 in each chapter appears in
the header throughout the entire chapter.  In other words, the header
doesn't contain the current section name, just the first section name.

I know this template is being used since if I replace it with a:

<xsl:apply-templates select="." mode="titleabbrev.markup"/>

then the chapter title appears in the header.  But has anyone else
observed the behavior I'm seeing?  I'm using DocBook 1.69.1-5.1 and
AltSoft XML2PDF.

Thanks,

Tom