Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] retrieve-class-name only fetching the chapter'sfirst section name

On Fri, 2007-06-08 at 07:39 -0400, Ken Morse wrote:
> Hi Tom,
>
> I think you need to set the number number higher to include the
> appropriate section level. From the 1.72.0 docs:
>
> "The marker.section.level parameter controls the depth of section
> levels that may be displayed in running headers and footers. For
> example, if the value is 2 (the default), then titles from sect1 and
> sect2 or equivalent section elements are candidates for use in running
> headers and footers."
>
> So I think if you wanted sect1, sect2 and sect3 to show, you would use:
>
> <xsl:param name="marker.section.level" select="3"/>

Hi Ken -

Yup, I would expect setting marker.section.level to 3 to show sect1/2/3
to show up in the header.content.  But I'd expect that setting it to 1
would show the _current_ section name in the header.  What I'm observing
now is that only the _first_ sect1 name is appearing in the header
throughout the chapter, even though the chapter has four or five sect1
elements.

But, it's not too bad, I can just use the chapter title in the header,
so no problem... just wondered if anyone else had run across this
before.  For all I know it could be a bug in my FO->PDF converter,

Yours,

Tom