Subject: Processing DocBook XSL with PHP

Hi all.  I have a DocBook / DocBook XSL project that I've been maintaining for
a number of years.  The build toolchain is the usual Java/Apache suspects:
Saxon, Xerces, XIncluder, ant.  Unfortunately, it seems every time I sneeze I
run into some sort of brokenness with class paths or something not being the
right version or who knows what else, and not being a Java person it always
takes me forever to fix it.  This time rather than trying to fix it I want to
try replacing it.

Has anyone here used PHP for processing DocBook?  PHP 5 supports native XSL
transformations[1], and apparently can process XInclude statements[2].  It
also sometimes has EXSLT support[3].  Googling, I've found a few references
to some people processing DocBook with PHP, but nothing on how they actually
did it.  All of the PHP/XSLT stuff I've found is trivial intro code examples.

The main things I need are:

- XInclude support.
- Multi-file output.  Right now I'm using the <?dbhtml ?> directive to control
that, but I am willing to change that if it makes it easier/possible.
- Something that involves fewer than 15 components that break every time it
rains. :-)

Does anyone have any practical experience they are able to share?  This is all
offline processing on my own system.

--
Larry Garfield			AIM: LOLG42
larry@garfieldtech.com		ICQ: 6817012