Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] How to show URL after link text for PDF output from Docbook 5.0?

Well, it looks like the ulink.show feature was "misplaced" in the
transition.  I wonder if we should continue to use the ulink.show parameter
name, since it is no longer a ulink element?  I suppose so.  It should
probably work only when a link element contains an external URL, and not
apply to another element with an xlink that is external.  Does that make
sense?

Since you want custom behavior anyway, this solution or something like it
in a customization layer should work for you:

<xsl:template match="d:link[@xrefstyle = 'ulink']">
  <xsl:call-template name="simple.xlink">
    <xsl:with-param name="content">
      <xsl:apply-templates/>
      <xsl:text> (</xsl:text>
      <xsl:value-of select="@xlink:href"/>
      <xsl:text>)</xsl:text>
    </xsl:with-param>
  </xsl:call-template>
</xsl:template>

It adds the href when the attribute xrefstyle="ulink".

DocBook Consulting