Subject: [Fwd: Re: [docbook-apps] Text going out of margins in PDF]

-------- Message original --------
Sujet: Re: [docbook-apps] Text going out of margins in PDF
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2007 17:39:00 +0000
De: Bob Saggot
Pour: Vincent Hennebert

Vincent,

See the bottom of pages 2 and 3.  Thanks for taking a look at this.

Joseph

>From: Vincent Hennebert
>To: caporale
>Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Text going out of margins in PDF
>Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2007 09:54:14 +0200
>
>Hi Joseph,
>
>caporale a écrit :
> > I'm using FOP 0.93, xsltproc, and DocBook 4.5.
> >
> > Sometimes text appears to almost overlap DocBook's footer line.  I've
> > noticed the problem more when I'm doing lists and especially lists
>within
> > lists. Is there any better way to control this so that text never goes
>out
> > of the margins and into the footer?
>
>Can you provide a small example showing the problem? Please attach the
>sample DocBook file and the resulting PDF, and state the version of the
>XSLT stylesheets you're using.
>
>I'd say this is because keep-together is specified on lists, but a quick
>look at the stylesheets didn't confirm that.
>
>Thanks,
>Vincent

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE book PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.5//EN" "file:///c:/db/docbookx.dtd">

<book>
<bookinfo>
<title>SCCGOV Web Style Guide</title>

<publisher>
<publishername>Information Services Department</publishername>
<address>
<street>1555 Berger Drive</street>
<country>USA</country>
</address>
</publisher>

<corpauthor>Information Services Department</corpauthor>
<edition>V2.0</edition>
<pubdate>June 5, 2007</pubdate>

<mediaobject id="logo1">
<imageobject>
<imagedata scalefit="1" width="1.0in" fileref="logo.png"/>
</imageobject>
</mediaobject>

<mediaobject id="logo2">
<imageobject>
<imagedata scalefit="1" width="1.0in" fileref="isd.png"/>
</imageobject>
</mediaobject>

<abstract>
<title>Abstract</title>
<para>This document is an introduction to the basic functionality of CMA.</para>
</abstract>
<legalnotice>
<para>Use, duplication, modification, and distribution of the Datawatch User Guide and its accompanying documentation for any purpose is strictly prohibited without express, written permission from ISD.</para>
<para><literallayout>Board of Supervisors: Donald F. Gage, Blanca Alvarado, Pete McHugh, Ken Yeager, Liz Kniss
County Executive: Peter Kutras Jr.</literallayout></para>
</legalnotice>

<revhistory>

<revision id="latest">
<revnumber>2</revnumber>
<date>June 29, 2007</date>
<authorinitials>jec</authorinitials>
<revremark>Converted to DocBook</revremark>
</revision>

<revision>
<revnumber>1</revnumber>
<date>June 9, 2006</date>
<authorinitials>cjw</authorinitials>
<revremark>Initial version</revremark>
</revision>
</revhistory>
</bookinfo>

<chapter>
<title>Introduction</title>
<para>The purpose of this style guide is to offer basic design principles that you can use to make your web content as easy to understand as possible. We explain how to use design as a tool, not as an objective. We give pointers on how to create a user interface that will allow visitors to your site to navigate your content with ease. We offer suggestions on how to write Web documents. All the guidance we offer shares a single purpose: to make your message clear to your readers.</para>

<para>This is not an HTML manual, nor is it a book on graphic design. It is a practical guide to help you design Web sites for the long run.</para>

<para>Please direct technical questions to:</para>

<para><literallayout>ISD Tech Link Center
408.918.7000</literallayout></para>
<para>and comments and suggestions on the Style Guide to:</para>

<para><literallayout>Elizabeth Gorgue
elizabeth.gorgue@isd.co.santa-clara.ca.us
408.918.4781</literallayout></para>
</chapter>

<chapter>
<title>The Web Design Process</title>

<figure id="sitedevelopmentprocess">
<title>Site Development Process</title><mediaobject><imageobject><imagedata fileref="cma1.png" scalefit="1" width="100%" contentdepth="100%"/></imageobject></mediaobject>
</figure>

<orderedlist>
  <listitem>
    <para>Site Definition and Planning</para>
    <para>The planning process involves defining the site's goals &amp; objectives, production schedule, and staffing.</para>
  <orderedlist>
      <itemizedlist>
      </itemizedlist>
    </listitem>
      <itemizedlist>
       </itemizedlist>
  </listitem>
     <itemizedlist>
     </itemizedlist>
    </listitem>
    </orderedlist>
  </listitem>

<para>The Information Architecture phase involves building navigation hierarchies and relationships between content items.</para>

 <orderedlist>

    <itemizedlist>

    </itemizedlist>

  </listitem>

  </orderedlist>

</listitem>

<para>The goal of the Site Design phase is to produce all the content components and functional programming and have them ready for the final production stage: the construction of the actual Web site pages.</para>
  <orderedlist>
    <para>Any programming, database design and data entry, and search engine design should be well under way by now. </para>
    </listitem>
  </orderedlist>

  <para>Typical products at the end of the Site Design stage could include:</para>

  <orderedlist>

<itemizedlist>
</itemizedlist>

</listitem>