Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] Re: Keep together Option: DocBook PDF output

For #1 see http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/PrintHeaders.html

For #2, somone who knows should answer regarding how the new version of FOP does with keeps these days, but be sure you have the right fop.exetensions param set for the version of fop you're using:
http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/doc/fo/fop.extensions.html
http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/doc/fo/fop1.extensions.html

For #3, we avoid that problem by setting http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/doc/fo/alignment.html to "start" :-)
<xsl:param name="alignment">start</xsl:param>
You could also put the cases where that's  problem in a verbatim environment like <programlisting>.

For #4, you can easily change "Procedure" to "Step Action" using the gentext settings: http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/CustomGentext.html
For the rules, you'll probably have to customize a template. I'd have to dig around to figure out which one. Perhaps someone out there knows off the top of their head and can answer that part.

David

From: Dishaa [mailto:dishaag@yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, July 09, 2007 1:42 PM
To: docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org

Hi All,

I am new to XML and XSL:FO. But with the help of some wonderful souls, I have been able to put together a customization layer. Everyday I have been learning new things. But I need help with the following issues that I am facing:

1. I need to enter the following in the header and footer parts of the document.

Header

<Client Logo>                    <Application Name>              <Vendor Logo>

Footer

<Chapter Name>                     Confidential                              Page X of Y

How do I do this in the customization layer?

2. I am having an issue keep figure titles and figures together. Similarly Note title and the note together on the same page. I use FOP and I read that the Keep-together.within-column does not work. But I believe that there is a workaround.

3. The element Code justifies the sentence that I am typing out and it appears as:

The       blue            moon
and the          pink         sky

Is there a way to NOT justify the Code element?

4. I want to provide a style to the Action element. I am basically applying it to two words Step Action. In my document, this appears just before the start of a series of steps. For example:
Step Action

1. Click Save.
2. Click Close.

Basically, this is the exact same effect that Section Rule Lines (in Bob Stayton's DocBook XSL: The Complete Guide).

I would hugely appreciate if members of this community can help me with these issues or provide pointers.

Thanking you all,
Dishaa

Dishaa Ganapathy
215 North Ave, NE
Atlanta, GA 30308
Tel: 678-925-2072|Email:
dishaag@yahoo.com

"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes."  - Marcel Proust

Luggage? GPS? Comic books?