Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: [docbook-apps] Text going out of margins in PDF]

Vincent Hennebert a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> There seems to be a bug in FOP which apparently doesn't handle nested
> lists too well. I'm investigating.

Confirmed. There's an ugly bug related to elastic spaces, I prefer to
not enter the details ;-)

A workaround is to use fixed spaces (minimum = optimum = maximum)
/everywhere/ as soon as you have lists in your text, even on the blocks
outside the lists. Not really an option, I guess.

There is a quick dirty hack that basically consists of disabling elastic
spaces inside lists. That is, spaces specified in descendants of
fo:list-item elements will always be set to their optimum value. But I'm
not really willing to apply that to FOP Trunk.

Of course, the best solution is to actually fix the problem, but that
would require a few days of development...

HTH,
Vincent