Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Suppressing blank pages and double-sided printing.

Hi,

I've passed the last week on this problem, playing with same templates and options, and unfortunately get the same results as you, with DocBook 1.72 and fop 0.93... It seems that even when blank pages doesn't appear in document, they are still counted in pages number and even/odd succession...
Finaly, I got back to single-sided print.
Sorry to be unable to help you, if I find a solution, I'll make you know, and if someone has a solution I'm interested too !

Marie.

Tavmjong Bah a écrit :
Hi,

	Last December I thought I had solved the problem of unwanted pages in
double-sided output. However, it has been pointed out to me that in
suppressing blank pages between chapters and other book sections, the
right/left page sequence is screwed up... i.e. there are two right-side
pages in a row. Further more, page numbers are skipped. So I've tried
various combinations of modifying the initial.page.count and
force.page.count templates. Here is what I observe:

initial.page.number:	auto

force.page.count:
	end-on-even: Blank pages

	auto:	     No blank pages
		     Page numbers skipped
		     Right/Left sequence bad

	no-force:    No blank pages
		     Page numbers correct
		     Right/Left sequence bad

initial.page.number:	auto-odd

force.page.count:

	end-on-even: Blank pages

	auto:	     Blank pages except
		     no blank last page

	no-force:    No blank pages
		     Page numbers skipped
		     Right/Left sequence bad

I tried this with docbook-xsl-snapshot from 2007-02-09 and fop SVN.
(I haven't used more recent docbook-xsl-snapshots as at some point
procedures got messed up.) Any ideas on what I can do to suppress blank
pages and have the right/left sequence correct? Is there some
combination I am missing?

					Thanks,

					Tav