Subject: Creating a new admonition (db5)

Hello,

I'd like to create a new admonition element, "DataShop Tip", that
resembles the existing "tip" element except that instead of outputting
the text "Tip" and the "tip" image, it outputs "DataShop Tip" and an
image of my own (and it gives the div element a "datashop-tip" class name).

I followed Jirka Kosek's "DocBook specialization made easy" [1], and
I've come up with the following (don't laugh if this is wildly
inaccurate--I know nothing about Relax NG and little about DTDs):

default namespace = "http://docbook.org/ns/docbook";
namespace db = "http://docbook.org/ns/docbook";
namespace r  = "http://nwalsh.com/xmlns/schema-remap/";

div {
   db.datashoptip.role.attribute = attribute role { text }
   db.datashoptip.attlist =
     db.datashoptip.role.attribute?
     & db.common.attributes
     & db.common.linking.attributes
   db.datashoptip =
     [ r:remap [ db:tip [ ] ] ]
     element datashoptip { db.datashoptip.attlist,
db.admonition.contentmodel }
}

# combined pattern
ds.admonition.blocks = db.datashoptip

include "file:///e:/docbook.rnc"
   {
     # datashop admonitions are permitted everywhere that regular
admonitions are
     db.admonition.blocks |= ds.admonition.blocks
   }

How does this look for the .rnc file? I'll also need to create an XSLT
template for this new element, so any advice for that step would be
appreciated as well.

Thanks,

Brett

[1] http://xmlguru.cz/2006/03/easy-docbook-specialization