Subject: Included images too big in fop PDF output

Hi all,

thanks to the suggestions of John Shipman (see:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.text.docbook.apps/17584

), I have a toolchain that converts tex equation files to J-peg files,
which I include in the docbook source as media objects with snippets
like this:

<equation>
  <title>Test equation</title>
  <mediaobject>
    <imageobject>
      <imagedata fileref="equations/equation.jpg"/>
    </imageobject>
  </mediaobject>
</equation>

I'm using xsltproc and fop 0.93 to convert FO to PDF.

Output looks good in HTML format, but the images in the fop PDF output
appear too big (50% or more bigger than the J-peg image as rendered in
the HTML document or by an image viewer), and they can't be contained
entirely in the page, so they overflow.

I also tried with EPS images with snippets like this:

<equation>
  <title>Test equation</title>
  <mediaobject>
    <imageobject role="html">
      <imagedata fileref="equations/equation.jpg"/>
    </imageobject>
    <imageobject role="fo">
      <imagedata fileref="equations/equation.eps"/>
    </imageobject>
  </mediaobject>
</equation>

but then the equation images don't appear at all in the PDF output.

So it seems like a fop problem. Someone can suggest how to overcome
this problem?

An yes, I read this:
http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/0.93/graphics.html#resolution

and still can't figure out what to do to fix the problem.

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers.
--
Stefano Sabatini