Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] FO problem: customizing section title to "rule 1.1.1"?

Something like the following seems to be what you need:

 <xsl:template match="sect3|section[count(ancestor::section) = 2]"
mode="object.title.template">
   <xsl:text>Rule %n %t</xsl:text>
 </xsl:template>

This is a customization of a template in common/gentext.xsl. It outputs
"Rule", label, and title separated by spaces (and without a trailing period
after the label).

> 2) Is there a parameter to erase the last number separator,
> so "1.1.1."
> will become " 1.1.1" ?

See also
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-apps/200405/msg00062.html