Subject: How To: get HTML title when using inlinemediaobject for article title?

Hello!

    I have an article for which I am using a graphic for the title.  To
do this, I did the following:

<?xml version=1.0?>
<!DOCTYPE article PUBLIC '-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.5//EN'
'docbookx.dtd'>
<article>
    <articleinfo>
        <title>
            <inlinemediaobject>
                <imageobject>
                    <imagedata format="GIF89a" fileref="..." />
                </imageobject>
                <textobject>
                    <phrase>(text version of title)</phrase>
                </textobject>
            </inlinemediaobject>
        </title>
    </articleinfo>
<!-- rest of document elided -->
</article>

When I render this into HTML, the <title> tag in the HTML header is
blank.  Is there any way to get the <title> tag to include the contents
of the <textobject> from the article title?

I am using docbook-xsl-1.73.0 and xalan-j 2.7.0.

Thanks in advance,
- dfp

http://farechase.yahoo.com/