Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Balanced last page in two column output

I can confirm that Ken's solution works with FOP (I accidentally discovered this myself):

"Yes, include an empty spanned block at the end of your flow. The formatter will try to balance all of your columns on top of this empty block. Modulo keeps, breaks, widows, orphans, etc."

With XEP, you can omit the empty spanned block and just use a flow-section (one of the RenderX extensions).  The columns inside of your flow-section will be balanced.

- Colin