Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] XHTML Encoding Issue?

Not sure if this is what's happening, but check out the section "Odd characters in HTML output" in Bob Stayton's book, http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/SpecialChars.html

David

From: Russell Seymour [mailto:russell.seymour@turtlesystems.co.uk]
Sent: Friday, August 10, 2007 3:20 AM
To: docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [docbook-apps] XHTML Encoding Issue?

I am using the XHTML output method for transforming my DocBooks, but I think I may have an encoding problem.

I am leaving the system with the default output of UTF-8 but I get the
 character and I want to get rid of it.  I can understand some places where it is being done, and that is with empty cells in the table, however it also occurs with other characters such as £.

Does anyone know how to eliminate these characters?

Thanks, Russell