Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] Adding page number prefix

There are no silly questions! Welcome to the world of DocBook.

> I'm trying to add a page number prefix (e.g. chapter number)
> to actual page numbers using the customized stylesheet:
> http://wiki.docbook.org/topic/PageNumberPrefixes.
>
> This is what I did:
>
> - I copied-and-pasted this stylesheet to the file and saved
> it as pagenumberprefix.xsl in the same directory where all FO
> templates are stored.
>
> - In pagenumberprefix.xsl I added <xsl:import href="docbook.xsl"/>.
>
> - In the command line I typed java
> org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process -in book.xml -xsl
> pagenumberprefix.xsl -out book.fo
>
> - Then I run FOP and got a PDF file.
>
> - I did no changes to the rest of the stylesheets.
>
> In this PDF file, I can see that prefixes were added to the
> TOC indeed, though, page numbers remain the same (1,2,3, etc.)
>
> What am I doing wrong? Any help is greatly appreciated!

I don't think you are doing anything wrong. But the page number prefix
customization was made for a rather old version of DocBook XSL. I guess that
modifications in later versions clash with this customization. It's not much
of an answer, but I haven't looked very deeply into this.

/MJ