Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] gensym IDs for informal*

The anchor is coming from the template named informal.object in
html/formal.xsl, which calls the template named "anchor".  Starting in
version 1.73.0, this was changed from:

<xsl:call-template name="anchor"/>

to:

<xsl:call-template name="anchor">
  <xsl:with-param name="conditional" select="0"/>
</xsl:call-template>

When the "conditional" parameter is set to 1 (the default), then an id is
output only when the element has one.  When set to 0, then an id is always
output (generated if necessary).

I'm not sure why the parameter was changed in 1.73.0.  But you can
customize the informal.object template to set the parameter back to 1.

DocBook Consulting