Subject: Re: AW: [docbook-apps] default attributes

On Tue, 21 Aug 2007 15:42:21 +0200, Hinrich Aue
<hinrich.aue@lci-software.com> wrote:

> Contentwidth=100%, contentdepth=100% and scalefit=1 make the images
> scale to
> it's intrinsic size, but reduces their size if they are to big.

It is not the behaviour defined in TDG. When the content area is
specified, scalefit should be ignored
(http://www.docbook.org/tdg/en/html/imagedata.html):

"Specification of content area, scaling, and scaling to fit are mutually
exclusive. If a content area (contentwidth, contentdepth, or both) is
specified, both scaling and scaling to fit are ignored. If the content
area is not specified and both scaling and scaling to fit are specified,
scalefit is ignored."

Moreover, scalefit fits to a viewport area, so that without a specified
viewport area, scalefit is irrelevant. At least, it's my understanding of
TDG...

Regards,
BG