Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] customization layer for DocBook 5.0: TheTransition Guide

Brett Leber <bleber+@cs.cmu.edu>, 2007-08-24 16:28 -0400:

> I'm interested in achieving the effects that I see on the title page of
> DocBook V5.0: The Transition Guide [1]--namely, the "this version", "latest
> version", "previous versions", and "authors" lists I see on this HTML
> article and at the top of all W3C specifications.
>
> Is this achieved through a customization layer, server-side processing, or
> something else entirely?

A customization layer; the sources are here:

  https://docbook.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/docbook/trunk/docbook/relaxng/docbook/howto/

> On a related note, have I mentioned that a DocBook "cookbook"--publishing
> effects and how to achieve them--would be a really great resource?

Might be an interesting project to try to work on with a
collaboratively with a group of other people, and publish it under
an open-source license. Or, I can think of some tech-book publishers
who would be happy to publish such a book if they could find a
good author willing to put time into working on it, and who could
commit to a delivery schedule.

  --Mike

--
Michael(tm) Smith