Subject: Pure XSLT XInclude & XPointer in Docbook 5

Hi everybody,

I am wondering if the solution provided at this page (http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/sect2/include.html) is working for the last DocBook specifications (DocBook 5). I haven't yet tested but if somebody already does I would be happy to know else I will give it a try myself.

In reality I am trying to find the best way to get XInclude/XPoint working on Java based implementations. And as many Java users (I think) we have problem to get a full java tool chain for generating documents from DocBook fragments.
As I could see java parsers are a bit weak on these 2 *standards* (maybe not their fault). So here are the 2 remaining solutions to explore:
- preprocess the XInclude/XPoint before parsing - I don't know yet which java tool is the best in such case for DocBook 5
- use a pure XSLT preprocess - As described in the link

So, what are your advices?

Thank you all,
Regards,
Mimil