Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Japanese output: generated text for labeling vs. cross-references

I believe the gentext key "sectioncalled" is obsolete and should be removed from the stylesheets.  I can find no template that calls it.  Sorry for that confusion.

In general, using the parameter named 'local.l10n.xml' works to customize individual strings without needing to make edits to the ja.xml distribution file.   Perhaps you could provide more details of what you wanted, what you tried, and what the results were.

DocBook Consulting

Sent: Thursday, August 23, 2007 3:29 AM

Hi,

I have searched the list archive but could not find anything relevant to the subject problem.
And the problem is that DocBook stylesheets do fantastic job generating Japanese XSL-FO. Chapter labeling works as intended, that is, 第1章 for Chapter 1.  However, when I use olinks, generated text for cross-references is not correct. For this example, it is 章 1.

Another issue is that modifying the file xsl/common/ja.xml seems not working for specific elements. For example, I have modified the key sectioncalled, and the change has not been revealed in the output file. I was trying to play with i10n parameters, but without success.

Each time I changed anything in ja.xml, I re-profiled my books and re-created target.db for the profiled source. I used XSL 1.69.1 with a customization layer and RenderX XEP for rendering PDFs. There were no warning or error messages during the transformations.

Am I doing anything wrong or illegal?

Thanks,

-Z