Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] collection of docbook tags

Hello Hinrich,

I'm not sure I understand your question, but I'll give it a shot:

"Hinrich Aue" <hinrich.aue@lci-software.com> wrote on Thu, 23 Aug 2007
14:34:31 +0200:

> is there a way in docbook to encapsulate other tags into a tag that has no
> structural meaning?
>
> The problem we are having is that we want to have several sections in an xml
> file, and xinclude it into another file.

Is it that you do not really want to include "it" (the XML file) into
another file, but rather all the sections contained therein? Then your
problem might be solved by an XInclude with an appropriate xpointer
attribute, something like this:

  <xi:include xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude";
    href="otherfile.xml"
    xpointer="xpointer(article/section)"/>

where your sections are located in otherfile.xml:

<?xml version='1.0' ?>
<!DOCTYPE article PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.5//EN"
          "http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.5/docbookx.dtd";>
<article>
  <section>
    <title>First Section</title>