Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] The XSLT 2 stylesheets

Norman Walsh wrote:

> I'm tempted, with an eye towards an XProc-aware future, to rip it all
> apart and rewrite it as an explicit sequence of discrete
> transformations instead of a mode-driven, internal sequence of
> transformations.

I'd hesitate to state it outright, but the chances are with
the advanced features of both XSLT 2.0 and Relax NG schema,
there's likely to be lots of room for improvement Norm?

Are there any particular aspects to 2.0 you think you'd
like to use, or is it just the effects of n years wear and tear?

More thoughts. If the group is interested in letting more people
look to modding the stylesheets, the architecture could stand
being documented somewhat.

I'm thinking about the sort of thing that Jeni T does, presenting
the stylesheets as a navigable suite. Unfortunately her software is
Windows only.
http://www.jenitennison.com/xslt/utilities/ xsltdoc

regards

--