Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] ulink doesn't show as footnote when usingXSL-NS Stylesheets

Ken Morse <kenneth.morse@gmail.com>, 2007-08-30 14:03 -0400:

> DocBook v5 replaces ulink with link as documented in DocBook V5.0:The
> Transition Guide <http://docbook.org/docs/howto/2006-10-22/#changes-renamed>.
> It looks like the XSL-NS Stylesheets are not handling
> ulink.footnotesthough; setting the parameter to 1 doesn't cause
> the link to show up as a footnote.

See Mauritz Jeanson's related message:

  http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-apps/200708/msg00244.html

To quote that:

  In the XSL-NS version of html/xref.xsl, @target is supposed to
  be assigned a value in the template with match="d:ulink".
  But that template is never applied, since there is no ulink
  element in DocBook 5.

So it seems we probably need to make an adjustment to the XSL-NS
build, to convert that match="d:ulink" template into one that
handles link instances that are used in that same context.

We will most likely not be doing a 1.73.3 release. So that fix,
once it gets made, will probably not be available in an official
release until 1.74.0, which could be a while. So in the mean time,
it will probably require you to either use a snapshot containing
the fix, or to patch your local 1.73.2 copies.

Anyway, I suspect we will have a fix for this checked in within
the next couple of days.

  --Mike

--
Michael(tm) Smith