Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] The XSLT 2 stylesheets

Norman Walsh wrote:

> I'm tempted, with an eye towards an XProc-aware future, to rip it all
> apart and rewrite it as an explicit sequence of discrete
> transformations instead of a mode-driven, internal sequence of
> transformations.

I can understand to your motivations for moving to XProc on the other
hand relying on XProc will mean that we are raising bar for user -- they
have to install not only XSLT2 processor but also XProc processor. It
also mean that it will not be possible to use stylesheets directly in
tools like oXygen, XML Spy and StylusStudio which supports XSLT2, but
not XProc.

But I can imagine that it should be possible to generate XSLT stylesheet
which will chain discrete transformations in the same way as XProc does.
If such stylesheet will be distributed as a part of stylesheets together
with XProc pipeline I think that it will satisfy all interested parties.

			Jirka

OpenPGP digital signature