Subject: closing <a name> tag

Hi all !

I have a problem with my html output. The automatic <a name...> are generated like that :
<a name="xxx" />

but with this, Firefox doesn't consider it closed and all my text is highlighted like an anchor. I would like to have the anchors like that :
<a name="xxx"></a>

is there a parameter to set to force the closing tag to be added and not to have the closing / in the tag ?
or could you help me in where (and/or how) to find the template to correct ?

thank you in advance,
Marie.