Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] problem with HTMLHelp and Turkish content

The HTML Help compiler has some real limitations when it comes to character sets and the toc/index; it's amazing that the compiler hasn't been updated in such a long time.

I haven't yet found a good way to configure the character set for the index but you can change the font -- is it possible the default index font doesn't support Turkish? You can change the font with something like the following near the top of the hhk file (in the body section):

<OBJECT type="text/site properties">
    <param name="Font" value="Tahoma,8,0">
</OBJECT>

The compiler is apparently not Unicode enabled -- I found this link with issues other people had with Japanese (obviously different that Turkish but maybe there are some clues there...):
http://www.helpware.net/FAR/far_faq.htm

Hope that helps,
Ken