Subject: RE: PDF named destinations using FOP

Named destinations only work in PDF files that are served from Web servers, not in local copies that exist on your hard disk. This is a long-standing limitation of PDF.

From: Jeff Powanda [mailto:jpowanda@vocera.com]
Sent: Friday, September 28, 2007 11:24 AM
To: docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: PDF named destinations using FOP

Please see a message posted here a while ago about PDF named destinations using FOP:

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-apps/200504/msg00217.html

With the release of FOP 0.94, FOP now supports named destinations. But I can’t get olinks from one local PDF to another to work. When I click the link, it opens the PDF to the first page instead of going directly to the fragment identifier (e.g., filename.pdf#section).

Is this a bug in the link that’s generated by FOP?

Regards,

Jeff