Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] oXygen 9 beta with WYSIWYG-like editing supportfor DocBook

Michael(tm) Smith wrote:

> I agree about the need to provide UI features to choose variable,
> etc. But that need is separate to how to handle the cases where a
> user really does just want to do simple bolding and italicizing of
> text.

I won't argue the point about emphasis vs. strong emphasis. That's
mostly historical. We could always have something like <emphasis
strength="5"> if we really wanted.

However I do think that if the user just wants to do simple bolding and
italicizing of text, then they just want to do presentation-based,
non-semantic markup. And indeed they probably do want that, and that's
OK. But if so they should be using Word, not DocBook.

Java I/O 2nd Edition Just Published!