Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] oXygen 9 beta with WYSIWYG-like editingsupportfor DocBook

On Wed, Oct 03, 2007 at 07:32:47AM -0400, Elliotte Harold wrote:
> 1. It is faster to see and choose than remember and type.

You are confusing faster with easier for the novice or
casual user.  Only the latter is important for gaining or
losing market share.  (And since we are just casual users of
most things we use, the result is predictable.  Hi, Dodo.)

> 2. Fitt's Law,

The additive constant in Fitt's Law is orders of magnitude
different for the case you already hold the mouse and for the
case you have both hands on the keyboard -- which occurs
quite often in text edditing applications.  You can't just
ignore this.

Yeti

--
http://gwyddion.net/