Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] fo:block is not a valid child element of fo:root

Thanks for the offer Mauritz.  In making my simple as possible document I was able to reproduce the problem with:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<book xmlns="http://docbook.org/ns/docbook ">

<para/>

<chapter/>

</book>

I looked this up in the documentation and realized that the tag <para> was not a valid child of <book>.  Really a case of RTFM.  I removed the one paragraph at the top of my document (before the first chapter) and the error went away.

It is funny that the HTML stylesheets rendered my illegal paragraph as if nothing was wrong!

Thanks,
Phil

On 10/3/07, Mauritz Jeanson <mj@johanneberg.com> wrote:
> [...]

I'll look into this if you provide a small source document that exhibits the
problem. Please trim it down as much as possible.

/MJ