Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] oXygen 9 beta with WYSIWYG-like editing supportfor DocBook

Dear Dick,

The document type is determined automatically based on a set of mapping
rules. The rules are specified in the definition of the document type, see
Options->Preferences -- Document Type Association
select user role to Developer
click on a document type, DocBook 5 for instance
click on the Edit button

In the document type dialog that appears there is a Rules tab that
contains the rules that when activated will determine that the document
belongs to that document type. A rule can match on the root element
name, namespace, on the file name and on the Public ID.
(As a side note, in the version 9 release we will provide also an
alternative mechanism for determining that a document belongs to a
document type, you will be able to specify a Java class that implements
a specific interface and that has access also to the root element
attributes so it can decide based on some attribute name or value
whether or not the document belongs to the document type.)

It may be possible that your document did not match the rules we defined
for the DocBook document types. You can check those rules and eventually
add more rules to better match your documents.
For a quick view of the customization for DocBook you can create a new
document using File->New then select "From templates" then "DocBook 5 -
Article". Switch to Author mode and you should be able to see
- a DocBook5 entry in the main menu
- a toolbar with the custom actions
- a set of actions in the contextual menu

Note also that the DocBook 5 document type specifies also a CSS and a
schema. However, the values from the document type act as defaults, if
you associate another CSS or a schema inside the XML document then those
from the document will be used.

Best Regards,
George
George Cristian Bina - http://aboutxml.blogspot.com/