Subject: DocBook -> Wiki

Hi,

I'm thinking of putting together some DocBook -> Wiki XSL
stylesheets.  This is to attempt to solve the problemm (other
suggestions gratefully received) of handling simultaneous multiple
reviewers of a DocBook document.

The idea is that, having put together the Admin Guide for a release
of our software, the author publishes it on our internal Wiki before
handing it to our Release Engineering team for testing.  As the RE
team discovers bugs in the documentation, they can alter/annotate it
on the Wiki, where their changes will be immediately visible to the
rest of Release Engineering, and to the original author.

Using the Wiki's change control tracking, the document author will be
able to see the comments and changes made by the Release Engineering
team, and then selectively (and manually) roll them back into the
original DocBook - I'm not trying to roundtrip the document via the
Wiki and back again, as I know that the conversion will be lossy.

Has anyone else attempted this?  Does it sound useful?

I'd also appreciate some guidance as to how I should start - should I
take an existing (e.g. HTML) set of stylesheets, or just write my own
from scratch?  I've done a lot of customisation of the HTML and XSL-
FO stylesheets, so I have a pretty good idea what's involved either way.

Thanks,

Geraint North
Principal Engineer
Transitive